Analytics/Metrics, Content Management, Social Media
4 Year Degree
The Park Record is hiring an engagement editor to lead digital content and social media strategy and execution. The engagement editor ensures that we deliver first-rate and innovative storytelling through proven digital techniques and that we use analytics to inform content and deepen engagement. This is a journalism role that blends with marketing efforts; you must be comfortable working through traditional walls. Attracts a targeted audience through search, social, email and emerging direct digital reach efforts. Engages and converts online readers to email subscribers, social fans/followers or ad buyers. Maximizes audience retention rate for newsletters, social communities, strong website metrics.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Journalism: Demonstrates sound editorial judgment, including an understanding of institutional guidelines on ethics, tone and subject matter.
• Content Strategy: Sets the editorial direction for digital products with a specific digital content plan. The digital editorial direction should blend optimized online-only content with traditional news/feature stories — in short, a content mix that meets the preferences of the digital consumer.
• SEO: Ensures all content is optimized for organic search, through his/her own efforts as well as mentoring the editorial staff on SEO best practices.
• Social: Ensures all content is optimized for social and mentors the editorial staff on social best practices.
• Direct Digital Reach: Plans and executes email newsletters, text message campaigns, and tests new ways to reach readers and customers directly.
• Link Building: Initiates and maintains relationships with external sources to drive referral traffic back to the site.
• Native Content: Leads the native content strategy for the digital space to best serve the digital readers and maximize the effectiveness of native campaigns.
• User Experience: Ensures the online assets deliver a positive user experience. Works in partnership with Digital Support to increase user experience factors i.e. load time, mobile friendliness, etc.
• Innovation: Stays in tune with emerging digital trends and experiments rapidly in the digital space. Shares findings with others at Swift through blogs, meetings and webinars.
• Sales Support: Collaborates with the sales team to ensure nontraditional sales opportunities are maximized to benefit the online audiences and the clients. Helps identify new sales opportunities in the digital space as needed.
• Marketing Support: Collaborates on branding / circulation / event efforts to ensure these efforts meet the needs of the online community and maximize the property’s ROI.
• Bachelor's degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing or equivalent experience, with a passion to bring good storytelling to a digital audience.
• At least two years' experience leading digital efforts, including search, email marketing, digital content publishing and social media.
• Lives and breathes metrics and uses data to guide decision making.
• Google Analytics and WordPress knowledge.
• Ability to adapt to a highly fluid work environment and make adjustments on the fly.
• Ability to write and edit quickly, with excellent writing and message development skills.
• Must have strong attention to detail.
• Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
It all started in 1975, with a commitment to integrity; we bring light to truth, excellence to endeavor and strength to community. We are the preeminent provider of relevant, timely and trusted information. We are the leaders for the communities and customers we serve.
We achieve financial success as an independently owned company by gathering and delivering pertinent, pro...mpt, comprehensive and accurate products through the most effective means. Our media companies are run with local autonomy and management teams who are leaders in their communities.
Statement of Purpose
With a commitment to integrity, we bring light to truth, excellence to endeavor and strength to community. We are the preeminent provider of relevant, timely and trusted information. We are the leaders for the communities and customers we serve.