Requisition # 2017-7690 Department Princeton Environmental Inst Category Information Technology Date Posted 6/21/2017 Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time Application Deadline ..
Princeton Environmental Institute (PEI) is the interdisciplinary center of environmental research, education, and outreach at Princeton University with 120 associated faculty members, representing 27 academic disciplines.
PEI seeks a highly competent and creative Web and Media Specialist to further the development and maintenance of PEI's family of websites and to deploy social media strategies for enhanced communication with faculty, students, prospective students and others with an interest in environmental research and teaching. Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Outreach, the Specialist will play a key role in shaping and communicating PEI news and events through various platforms.
The Web and Media Specialist will be responsible for:
- Working with the Manager of Communications and Outreach and other PEI program managers to maintain and update PEI webpages and the websites of related programs.
- Working with the Manager of Communications and Outreach to develop and implement a strategy for regularly updating and providing unique content for social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Designing graphics and laying out content for communications and promotional materials, including event posters, news and feature stories, brochures, reports and presentation materials.
- Photographing events for use on the PEI website and in promotional materials, as well as filming lectures upon request and posting the videos to YouTube.
- Creating and maintaining a large photographic archive for use in promotional materials and news.
- Managing PEI Guyot Hall TV.
- Keeping current on new technologies to enhance communications, end-user functionality and ease of use.
- Drafting headlines and feed-in content for news stories, E-News, and other information.
- Monitoring media-feeds.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of experience, or at least 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive experience in website design and content management, particularly Drupal, including web-based integration, multiple-database platforms, cross-browser compatibility and script implementation.
- Familiarity with social media, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and the ability to develop and implement a strategy applicable to an academic organization.
- Experience in photography and ability to produce photos for the web and publications.
- Experience with creating and embedding YouTube videos.
- Advanced expertise with Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent writing skills for a web and social media presence in an academic setting.
- Ability to both independently manage time and balance priorities, while also working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment with attention to detail and flexibility to respond to shifting priorities.
- Prior work experience/familiarity with University applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of effective website design from both the server and client perspectives including site architecture, section 508/ADA compliance requirements, usability testing, search engine optimization and statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with continuous integration; ability to work from and maintain existing code bases; and adhere to web standards. - Ability to work across platforms on multi-operating systems including Windows and Macintosh.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning that stands in the nation's service and in the service of all nations. Chartered in 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. Princeton is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational institution that provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural scienc...es and engineering.As a world-renowned research university, Princeton seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching.Today, more than 1,100 faculty members instruct approximately 5,200 undergraduate students and 2,600 graduate students. The University's generous financial aid program ensures that talented students from all economic backgrounds can afford a Princeton education.