The Coordinator, Industry Programs position is a key member of the Manufacturing Institute (MI) team and is responsible for providing support to the Institute Executive Director and Program Team. This position is responsible for preparing memos, briefs, reports, presentations and industry correspondence; occasional social media content on MI programs; updating spreadsheets and tracking engagement activities, as well as coordinating, staffing, and executing events.
This position requires an organized self-starter who can multi-task and manage projects in support of the Institute team and all industry initiatives. The position represents the Institute at all levels both internally and externally. Excellent interpersonal skills and executive writing and proof reading skills are required. This position will be based in Washington DC.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Position provides day-to-day administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director of the Manufacturing Institute and MI staff including answering phones, copying, collating, preparing written materials, creating presentations, updating MI website, as directed, and acting as point person for the MI on posting content and news on the intranet.
· Position also handles facilitating conference calls, tracking meeting registration, preparing of meeting materials, managing lists and filing, researching and reporting, responding to public inquiries and other similar activities.
· Provide administrative and program support for directors and vice presidents in programmatic functions regarding workforce and education.
· Support development of new industry-focused services.
· Draft, edit and proofread documents, reports, letters, memos, itineraries, mailings and other general correspondence.
· Handle partners' requests, following up on information, document preparation, correspondence or reports
· Serve as a liaison to NAM Meetings Management and manage some MI events/meetings logistics. Responsibilities include:
o Assist with the creation, execution and staffing of Institute program events around the country.
o Prepare itineraries, agendas, invitations, briefing books, materials, event reports etc. Follow-up calls as directed.
o Oversee registration and on-site support working closely with NAM’s Meetings Management team to insure quality MI experiences;
o Oversee and assist with onsite logistics, such as packing and unpacking meetings materials, working registration, overseeing meeting room set up, and other similar onsite logistics;
o Assist in running the events which may entail some public speaking and presentations;
o Must have the ability to work across an enterprise and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, judgment and team work;
· Travel is required for events and member meetings.
· Maintain accurate industry engagement information in the computer system, such as: company officers' titles, addresses, program areas of interest, and correspondence.
· Assist with industry briefings, webinars, and conference calls.
· Collaborate and maintain the Institute’s website and social media outlets with the Communications team.
· Responsible for working with management to maintain budgets, track expenses and manage processes related to contract and invoice processing.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Prior administrative/project management work experience required;
· Not-for-profit administrative and project management experience a plus;
· Ability to work face-to-face with senior level executives;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal skills;
· Must be skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
· Strong project and time management skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) and accurate typing skills required;
· Must be well organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work well under pressure and able to manage workload to meet deadlines;
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, perform multiple tasks using various software applications
· Strong editing and proofreading skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent writing skills;
· Comfort and proficiency in public speaking;
· Team oriented and customer service focused with the ability to interact regularly with staff, executives, and other stakeholders;
· Self-motivated and proactive in approach to work.;
· Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule occasionally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. Manufacturing employs more than 12 million men and women, contributes $2.17 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, has the largest economic impact of any major sector and accounts for more than thr...ee-quarters of all private-sector research and development in the nation. The NAM is the powerful voice of the manufacturing community and the leading advocate for a policy agenda that helps manufacturers compete in the global economy and create jobs across the United States.
The NAM’s world-class staff of policy experts provide unmatched access and information on the key issues affecting your business and bottom line. We are on the front lines of a wide range of policy battles, from immigration reform and labor relations, to energy and the environment, to trade policy and taxes. At every turn, we are working on behalf of manufacturers in America to advance policies that help manufacturers do what they do best: create economic strength and jobs.