Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at www.ncsu.edu/hr/job_applicants/reasons.
Department: 200101 - Dean's Office-college Of Manag
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Assistant Director of Internal Communications will support the college leadership in developing and executing strategies to ensure key messages are effectively communicated across the College and University communities. The Assistant Director will produce original content in a variety of formats to publish through several channels, such as presentations, web, email, social media and newsletters to ensure internal stakeholders are kept informed and engaged. The Assistant Director will also work closely with HR with on-boarding of new employees, employee engagement and recognition activities. And, the assistant director will manage the organization analysis of shared files and internal stakeholder data to support the College's effective and efficient operation of the college.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create presentations: College meetings, Board of Advisors meetings, University meetings, etc. - Draft remarks for leadership: development events, alumni events, program events, Executive Leadership Series, etc. - Draft communications from the Dean for internal audiences - Internal e-Newsletters - Manage submissions to virtual suggestion box - Establish shared file system for college documents - Manage online faculty/staff resources - Manage electronic billboards within Nelson Hall - Manage online college faculty/staff directory, including onboarding of new employees - Collaborate with dean and director of marketing/media relations to establish internal data tracking, and manage the tracking, analysis, and reporting of data upon request - Coordinate data required for communication pieces related to key special events - Track faculty and staff (and students) awards and manage the process for recognition and promotion thereof. - Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with college leadership to ensure initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
Other duties as assigned.
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor's degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Web and email writing.
- Strong skills creating and editing presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to work with senior leadership.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication.
- Email marketing experience.
- Some graphic design skills, or creative vision and willingness to learn tools like Photoshop and InDesign.
At least 2 years of full-time experience in a marketing/advertising/PR or communications-related position preferred.
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00106588
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and v...eterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Library, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.