Title: Director/VP of Advancement Classification: Full-time Reports to: President Benefits: Eligible for health insurance and paid vacation / sick time
Purpose: The Director or VP of Advancement (depending on experience) is responsible for the development, management and implementation of all KyCAD’s fundraising, donor relations, board development, and communications plans. They also serve as a member of the management team collaborating on institutional decision-making, strategic planning, and budget creation. They work closely with the President and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a list of duties and responsibilities, but is not exhaustive.
• Manage the development department staff, and the planning and execution of all fundraising campaigns (annual fund giving, major gifts campaign, capital campaign, state funding, and grants seeking); donor retention programs (Davenport Society); and special donor events (annual gala and fundraising campaign receptions). Oversee the fundraising database, tracking, and gift acceptance process to maintain superior donor stewardship efforts.
• Develop, cultivate, and solicit donations and build community partnerships with corporations, foundations, non-profit organizations, and prospective & current donors to broaden the constituency base, increase visibility, meet fundraising goals, and mange relationships with donors.
• Manage the institutional communications department, which includes the coordination and execution of a comprehensive marketing program; social media integration; innovative Internet campaigning/web development; public relations strategies across web, print, news, social media, and the community; a brand awareness campaign; and all institutional special events.
• Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and assist with member cultivation, training, and retention.
• Serve as a member of the management team and create annual fundraising plans, budgets, strategic planning, and co-manage the scholarship program with the Admissions Director.
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable • Proven track record • Task oriented self-starter, with good problem solving abilities • Ability to manage multiple projects with flexibility and follow through in a fast-paced environment • Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, oral and communications skills • Experience developing and managing budgets and teams • Must be a team player and share the values and standards of professionalism at KyCAD
Necessary Skills: • Position requires experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Gmail, DonorPerfect and Asana; in addition to the ability to use Mac computers • Able to lift 30 lbs for moving boxes of equipment or supplies as needed
If you are interested in this position please send a letter outlining your experience and interest, an up to date CV, and the name of three referees to Moira Scott Payne, President. Please include “Director/VP of Advancement” in the subject line of your email. email@example.com
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2500 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies.... Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission: Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice. With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities. Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening as well as a criminal background check.