Department: Biomedical Sciences Programs (B-Med)
Biomedical Education Program Coordinator
George Mason University and Georgetown University invite highly qualified candidates to apply for a Biomedical Education Program Coordinator position. GeorgeSquared (G2) is a collaborative endeavor between the George Mason University and Georgetown University that provides graduate-level education in the biomedical sciences (BMED) at the George Mason University Science and Technology Campus in Manassas, Va.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
In collaboration with the BMED Program Director and the faculty affiliated with the program, this position supports the administrative, academic, and student affairs functions of the BMED Program. Serving as both a liaison and the primary point of contact for the program with applicants, students, and faculty, as well as administrators at both Georgetown University and George Mason University, this position is an opportunity for an energetic and experienced academic support professional who is passionate about higher education to work with faculty and students enrolled in the BMED Program. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide academic support for students, such as assistance with registration, coordinating new student orientations, coordinating student advising, academic affairs issues, extracurricular activities related to the programs, and locating housing;
- Provide academic and administrative support to the program faculty, such as tracking student applications, preparation of examinations, submitting letters of recommendation, course syllabi, proctoring exams and scheduling;
- Provide administrative support for the program, such as purchasing supplies, responding to inquiries from prospective students, and coordinating onsite recruiting events; and
- Manage the program website and social media outlets.
The incumbent will be expected to participate in off-site recruiting events held at graduate school fairs and similar events. Occasional travel and overnight trips are required.
- Knowledge of student services operations, including student advising and support, student records management, and general academic administrative procedures;
- Ability to interface collaboratively with other university units, such as admissions, registrar's office and facilities management;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong customer service skills and orientation;
- Productive problem-solving and collaboration skills to foster professional relationships among the faculty, staff and students;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse clientele, both in writing and orally;
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax, computer, copier, telephone); and
- Ability to use spreadsheet and database software, PC-based software applications (Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience providing pre-health advising is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of graduate and professional school admissions procedures, federal regulations (FOIA and FERPA), and other student procedures and policies;
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner database;
- Knowledge of Hobson's Radius (admissions processing); and
- Basic marketing skills and Web site design are desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02328z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.