The College of the Arts (CART) seeks a Web Content and Digital Communications Manager to uphold and advance the college’s public standing as a premier academic entity and cultural destination among prospective and enrolled students, arts audiences, and the community at large. Reporting to the CART Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Communications, and in cooperation with college and university stakeholders, the web content and digital communications manager will create, edit, and/or maintain content for the college’s website (montclair.edu/arts) as well as initiate and support communication strategies that include social media outreach, e-marketing, news production, and other forms of electronic messaging.
• Coordinate with University Communications division to execute the University brand strategy for the college and its schools/departments.
• Develop, maintain and continuously improve static and dynamic web pages for CART at the college, school/department, program and professional-profile levels, utilizing best practices for usability, interactivity, accessibility and search engine optimization (SEO).
• Create pages that emphasize multimedia (images, video, graphic elements); and include examples of professional and students’ work in the visual, media, and performing arts.
• Create and interface with the production of news, newsletters, and events calendars.
• Work closely with University and CART supervisor, staff, and faculty to ensure that all content is robust and up to date.
• Manage CART presence and repurpose content for use on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and iTunes U, in accordance with University standards and protocol.
• Perform regular quality control checks to ensure functionality and information accuracy, as well as vibrant, consistent and grammatically correct content. Troubleshoot technical problems, e.g. fixing broken links.
• Use analytics tools to assess web traffic, unique users and bounce rates for purposes of page optimization and making improvements. Draw upon best practices to ensure website is competitive among peer sites.
• In cooperation with CRM initiatives, develop templates and marketing content for e-blast communications, digital ads and electronic signage/display monitors. Maintain campaign mailing lists, where appropriate.
• Facilitate web-based surveys, registration forms, crowdsourcing, and other means to elicit broad-based constituent feedback and engagement.
• Assist with the preparation of strategy plans, reports, digital presentations, and data visualizations in regards to Web and communications.
• Additional duties and production/writing projects, as assigned.