About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
About the Job:
The Senior Program Coordinator (SPC) is an integral member of the Kellogg Center for Family Enterprises (KCFE) team, composed of a group of globally recognized academics supported by dedicated administrators. The SPC role is vital in enabling the KCFE to continue as thought leader in the field of family enterprise and to deliver meaningful learning and enrichment opportunities, primarily to Kellogg students, alumni and executive education learners with ties to and/or interests in family enterprises, but also to strategic partners, collaborators and the family business public globally. The SPC coordinates existing activities that have earned the KCFE its international reputation and is also involved in helping develop and coordinate new initiatives. The SPC reports to the Associate Director of the Kellogg Center for Family Enterprise.
Salary Range: $49,375-$63,804
Communication and Outreach:
- Outreach: Coordinate the organization and delivery of internal and external activities, events, support and engagement for students (MBA, EMBA, PTMBA and MSMS), prospective students, alumni, strategic partners, collaborators and public. This includes collaborating with others on content, then taking charge of scheduling, registration, facility booking, catering, ordering of AV, arranging for guest lodging and transport, etc. Track of outreach activities by audience to assure coverage of constituent groups.
- Virtual and Social Media: Manage and grow KCFE virtual and social media presence, content creation and dissemination. Develop and execute campaign to increase alumni interaction with KCFE’s private website for ~1300 alumni from business-owning families. Regularly schedule, create and place news items on the public site. Work with professor content to create blogs, discussion groups and posts. Develop metrics to assess results.
- Strategic Partner Research: Serve as non-academic administrator on research projects that involve strategic partners within or outside of the university. Manage relationships and schedules with partners to meet deadlines.
- Pedagogic Materials: Participate with academics in the timely development of learning tools including processes of creation and execution of case studies, white papers, video, animation, virtual and other methods.
- Custom Executive Education Programs: Serve as professors’ liaison with custom clients and Allen Center Executive Education to coordinate program development and delivery.
- Additional KCFE Work: Assist with other projects, administrative duties and initiatives as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Two years track record of program/project administration or relevant experience.
- Strong abilities with word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, d-base, slide and website software.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Competence in developing and delivering social media strategy.
- Resourceful at research and analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities and deadlines.
- Outstanding organization and time management; proactive and resourceful initiative-taker.
- High level customer service and client relationship management, including with senior executives.
- Positive can-do attitude and collaborative with a solid service orientation.
- Discretion and good judgment handling private information.
- Experience in/exposure to university bureaucracy, HR and enterprise systems.
- Program or project management training or certifications.
- Familiarity with academic research and writing.
- Interest in family enterprises.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.