Department: GMU Foundation-Inc
Director of Alumni Relations
The George Mason University Foundation on behalf of the Antonin Scalia Law School invites applications for a Director of Alumni Relations vacancy on the Arlington, Va., campus. The Antonin Scalia Law School is launching a major integrated comprehensive campaign. Included in the goals for the campaign is the development of a strong alumni relations program at the Law School. Currently, there are over 7,500 Law School alumni. The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Associate Dean, Development and Alumni Relations. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Serving as an ambassador, the Director of Alumni Relations is charged with securing commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service that will benefit students and faculty. Working with the Dean and the Director of Development and Alumni Relations, this position will focus on increasing their relationships with alumni. The Director of Alumni Relations will serve on the Law School's development management team and is responsible for measurable strengthening of the Law School's relationship with alumni.
The incumbent is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs that provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students. The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the development of a strong alumni relations plan that strengthens alumni loyalty and volunteer participation with the Law School.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the Law School's goals for its five-year comprehensive campaign;
- Increase the visibility of the Dean with the alumni body;
- Establish and build relationships with a wide-range of alumni—locally, regionally and
- Implement regular communication with Law School alumni that includes direct contact, e-mails, alumni Web pages, social media, and print publications;
- Work with the Alumni Board to increase its engagement with the Law School;
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs;
- Partner with the Admissions Office to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process;
- Find opportunities to involve the faculty and current students with alumni;
- Collaborate closely with others on the development management team to identify alumni major donor prospects;
- Plan and manage as appropriate alumni cultivation events, including Nino Day; and
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records using Advance.
- Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Engaging personality, including very comfortable meeting new people;
- Ability to recruit and work with alumni volunteers;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to take advantage of opportunities for alumni involvement with faculty and
- Demonstrated experience with planning and organizing events for a campaign.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA42Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.