Located in the heart of Southern California, the Palm Valley School is an exceptional learning community that educates, nurtures, and challenges each student to achieve excellence and contribute to our global society.
The Palm Valley School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school administered programs.
The Palm Valley School seeks a Director of Communications for the 2017-2018 School year. This 12 month administrative position is responsible for communication, publicity, and marketing to various school constituencies and general public across a broad range of outlets and topics. A key member of the Administrative Team, the Director of Communications serves as a member of the Development Committee, and chairs the Marketing Committee. The Director of Communications works closely with the Head of School, the Director of Enrollment Management, CFO, other key Administrators, to further the goals of the school and market PVS both internally to existing families and externally to broader local, regional, and state audiences. The Director of Communications reports directly to the Head of School and may take on other duties as specified by the Head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the content and layout of the Palm Valley School website.
- Works closely with Faculty and Administrators to know what’s happening around the school and maintain a strategic presence for Palm Valley on all social media channels.
- Manage all aspects (writing, editing, collection of content, production oversight) of the Palm Valley Annual Report, the bi-weekly Phoenix newsletter, and an Annual Firebird Magazine in the spring to celebrate Alumni, school successes, College acceptances, retirements, etc.
- Working with other Administrators, conceive, write and produce marketing materials and manage all print, digital, broadcast, and outdoor marketing.
- Write and disseminate
- Oversee all media, publicity, and marketing efforts for school.
- Manage all aspects of print publications and direct mail.
- Write, edit and produce communication for the Head of School, and other PVS administrators and faculty.
- Develop and maintain the school archive of news items and digital images for use online, in print, and on campus.
- Chair the Crisis Communications Team, writing, developing, updating and maintaining and implementing as needed, procedures and protocol for communicating with Families during a crisis.
- Attend and staff key school functions, providing photography and writing and posting any news copy and social media coverage of the event.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Team, the Development Committee, and chair the Marketing Committee.
- Collect and analyze data regarding marketing and track resulting student enrollment to best pursue and concentrate appropriate efforts towards such outcomes.
- Periodically prepare presentations and report efforts and progress to the Board of Trustees as needed.