Job Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Strategic Communications
FLSA Status: Full time, non-exempt
Summary: The Digital Communications Coordinator serves as webmaster for Canterbury’s website, provides innovative design and project management in the creation of high-impact electronic and print communications, and assists in social media management.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain external and internal school web applications utilizing content management system (CMS).
- Review and error check all web content prior to and after release to maintain high standard of quality.
- Work closely with Director of Strategic Communications to ensure accurate, well-written and dynamic web presence, including daily news, and event updates.
- Serve as liaison with web provider, addressing support issues and keeping campus users informed of software updates and changes.
- As CMS point person, provide ongoing training and technical assistance to parents and campus users.
- Monitor website analytics and search engine rankings.
- Perform data entry, create and update group email lists.
Communications and Graphic Design
- Using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or other software, layout and conduct final proof of communications including writing, editing, design, and photography for various publications, advertisements, and other projects, as assigned. Post content to website, ISSUU and other sites.
- Coordinate and oversee the print production and distribution of all printed materials.
- Monitor logo and brand identity usage on both printed and digital pieces to ensure consistency of look and feel.
- Work closely with Director of Strategic Communications to manage and create engaging social media content.
- Stay current with online social media tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and innovations. Recommend new avenues for online presence.
- Participate in creating and implementing social media strategy.
- Produce and upload social media content for the school’s accounts.
- Monitor online presence, ensuring consistency with the school’s mission/ brand.
- Manage Google analytics and track click through and open rates on social media accounts.
- Photograph or video school events. Edit internal and sourced photos for use on all media platforms.
- Maintain school’s photo archives.
- Ensure regular rotation of photography for website. Edit photos in Adobe Photoshop.
Other duties, as assigned.