Web and Database Developer
The George Mason University Office of Integrated Enrollment Marketing Communications seeks applicants for a Web and Database Developer position to work in our dynamic university environment. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and update the websites and web applications administered by the Division of Enrollment Management, using a variety of software applications, techniques, and tools while following George Mason University's established web standards;
- Utilize available Google Analytics to assess usage and effectiveness of division web presence, advertising and communication plans;
- Provide web expertise and training to staff within the Division of Enrollment Management and coordinate with stakeholders across the university on projects within the department's portfolio;
- Create and maintain technical documentation for developed sites and applications; and
- Insure all sites within the division are ADA compliant and in line with state guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree, with a strong preference for computer science or a related field, or an equivalent level of experience in information technology;
- Strong organization and communication skills, and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to assess and determine department project requirements;
- Ability to work conceptually and from a detailed outline;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, multitask, and switch gears based on changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases, database web applications and experience with database administration and web application development; and
- Intermediate knowledge of Drupal.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management CRM solutions, such as Salesforce.
Salary: Anticipated starting salary is $65,000
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01897z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.