PHP Application Developer (Relocation Assistance Available)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Click Here to see a glimpse of what it's like to live in Nashville
The mission of VICTR is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. This is accomplished using a multi-faceted approach: through collaboration with a wide variety of research partners; by training, nurturing and rewarding participating researchers; by funding research; by developing new and innovative ways to involve the community in research; by developing new informatics and bio-statistical systems; and by making available the latest technologies and sound research results affecting patient care.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has recently been chosen by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to be the Data and Research Support Center for the Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program, a landmark study of genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors affecting the health of a million or more people, federal officials have announced. This initiative will be driven by an application utilizing PHP and modern frameworks and will be one of the largest healthcare based applications utilizing PHP as its primary technology base.
This is a full-time position with The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Transformational Research (VICTR) and offers challenge, career growth opportunity and a chance to join a highly collaborative team in beautiful Nashville, TN. Relocation Assistance Available.
Our applications are continually evolving to incorporate more data sources and provide greater utility, requiring flexible software architecture and the ability to rapidly refactor/modernize. As an application developer, you will work with stakeholders to define specifications, as well as collaborate with peers to integrate systems and build shared codebases. Our goal is always to produce software befitting of a leading medical institution - clean, maintainable, and efficient behind the scenes; responsive, intuitive, and beautiful for the end user.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
This position will develop and modify software under occasional guidance; design, code, and perform benchmark testing, as well as debugging and documentation of programs. Implement small projects or components or large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems through the following technical core competencies:
- Application Development: Demonstrates proficiency of programming and other development tasks independently and without support from others for moderate to difficult applications. Has conducted all of the tasks and activities required to complete the applications development phase and participated in the process of fully implementing the system. Able to successfully debug complex routines. In terms of structured programming, has used structured code to produce modules of straightforward logic.
- Applications Development Standards and Procedures: Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of applications development standards and procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing applications development standards and procedures, and may recommend improvements to existing applications development standards and procedures within the work area.
- Applications System Analysis: Has some training in or light exposure to basic systems analysis tasks. Participated in one or more systems analysis tasks such as: collection of documents, user interviews, file analysis, process flow charting, functional process modeling, data modeling, feasibility, prototyping, and evaluating existing systems. Able to analyze information and verify its completeness. If applicable, has knowledge of the concepts of structured functional specifications, modularity and partitioning.
- Applications System Design: Demonstrates the ability to conduct systems design tasks in a team environment or independently to build or enhance a simple system. Has conducted the basic phases of systems design including preparing design and file specifications, preparing testing, conversion, and implementation plans, designing system architecture and process flows, and preparing program requirements and specifications. Creatively generates multiple potential solutions. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has participated in the structured design of one or more conventional, relatively uncomplicated data processing systems as a member of a project team. Is familiar with standard methods for functional decomposition. Has participated in structured design walk-throughs.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
PHP, relocation, CSS, Web Development, Nashville