Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. Our clients look to us to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, intensity and creativity to resolve legal challenges effectively and cost efficiently. We believe in hiring talented and dedicated individuals as members of our administrative community. We draw on the strength of our culture and structure to deliver the best of our firm to our lawyers and clients through true collaboration.
The firm is seeking a creative, unflappable Senior KM Intranet Analyst to join the Knowledge Management Services Department as the primary administrator of our firm-wide intranet. The analyst with work in conjunction with our existing SharePoint team to help build out sub-sites, dashboards, Web parts and custom lists to deliver current information to the firm’s attorneys. This position reports to the Manager of Knowledge Management.
Essential Technical Skills
- SharePoint Designer, development of custom dashboards using SOAP and AJAX technology; configuration and customization of OOB, custom and third-party Web parts;
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013;
- Conversant with relational DBMS and SQL;
- Working knowledge of document management system (iManage);
- Working knowledge of network applications such as Active Directory and Windows Server;
- Working knowledge of search technologies such as Lexis Search Advantage, FAST and iManage Miner search.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and integration into Sharepoint sites;
- Experience with searching standard law firm databases including Lexis and Westlaw and setting up news alerts
This position will work with the KMS staff and key stakeholders to construct the next generation intranet on SharePoint. We would expect an intranet professional coordinator to be passionate about creating exciting front-end solutions to build out dashboards, customized features and small database solutions that attorneys will love to use.
In addition to working on the intranet, this position, after training, also will:
- Work with our existing extranet provider to set up, manage and provide first-level support for new extranet;
- Set up, manage and provide first-level support for our blogs and wikis;
- Back-up the KM analyst responsible for setting up and distributing news alerts on Ozmosys, Lexis Publisher and Google Alerts;
- Be involved with deploying and supporting emerging technologies including artificial intelligence applications and enterprise search.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Meet with business stakeholders to review and develop requirements for information services on the intranet;
- Create custom lists and views, some of which might include calculated columns;
- Create and customize list-related forms and alerts;
- Create sites and site pages and populate with Web parts;
- Setting permissions on Web parts, pages and sites;
- Follow existing design templates for CSS styles;
- Interact with users and other teams to efficiently troubleshoot issues;
- Train content editors how to manage data on pages and lists and create documentation of procedures / workflows;
- Provide other on-demand training to end users and site editors;
- Work with SharePoint developer to implement shareholder requirements that require custom solutions;
- Provide estimates for work effort;
- Work with outside vendors as appropriate: software vendors, consultants, integrators, etc. to leverage available APIs or Web parts;
- Provide ad hoc technical advice to colleagues on the KM staff;
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned by the manager and/or director.