Democracy Now! is one of the world’s leading independent news outlets, producing a daily, global independent news program hosted by award-winning journalists Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez. The daily news hour is broadcast on television, radio and online.
We are currently accepting applications for our Social Media Fellowship.
Democracy Now! Fellowships are paid, full-time, temporary work placements to help early career digital media professionals develop skills and gain experience in a daily live TV news environment. All fellowships take place at our Manhattan studio where we produce our daily news hour.
Democracy Now! staff provide one-on-one mentorship and supervision to help Fellows maximize their exposure to a fast-paced newsroom and develop strong online and social publishing practices.
A successful Social Media Fellow will thrive in a deadline-driven daily news environment and be passionate about expanding the audience for Democracy Now!’s news content and supporting its non-commercial, independent news mission.
The workday begins as early as 7:00am ET, to coincide with the live daily TV & radio newscast at 8:00am ET.
1 year, beginning April 2017
March 15, 2017
- Assist with drafting, editing and publishing stories from our daily news hour and from our archives to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, Instagram and other platforms each day.
- Help monitor social media, trending news items and analytics to identify and maximize viral opportunities.
- Assist with promoting special programming, events and fundraising campaigns.
- Engage in strategic online outreach to influencers, publishers, journalists and organizations to promote news content.
- Support our growing online audience through comment moderation, correspondence with fans and participation in online communities of viewers & listeners.
- Assist with monthly reporting and analytics.