- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or similar field.
- 5+ years' professional experience in business reporting.
- Experience covering digital, marketing/ad technology, and start-up companies.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics.
- Experience developing sources, breaking news and writing features.
- Ability to produce clean copy and do basic editing.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field.
- Must be familiar with current social-media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others.
- Should be comfortable with using web-based content-management systems for publishing to the web.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Scoop-obsessed and has a collaborative mind-set.
- Background covering the advertising industry.
- An established social-media presence.
- Comfortable on stage or in front of a camera.
Ad Age began as a broadsheet newspaper in 1930 and has grown into a award-winning, fast-paced news group that publishes in print, digital and video. It also convenes major industry events such as the annual Digital Conference and features the industry's best creative work. It is published by Crain Communications Inc. and headquartered in New York.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability