POSITION TITLE: Individual Giving Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the administration and coordination of HOW’s individual donor engagement activities including gift entry and acknowledgments, communications and events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for overall coordination of individual donor management and communications activities. Clearly and accurately articulate programs, agency mission and consistent brand in print and electronic communications. Communicate well in person, via phone and in writing. Responsible for maintaining donor records and acknowledgements. Proficient in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, desktop publishing, website management and database management. Able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Maintains current Illinois driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Act as the administrator of Donor Perfect fundraising software, entering donations and preparing reports and managing acknowledgements. Ensure accurate donor information files, and learn how to operate the Donor Perfect report writing and list processing function.
2. Articulates program outcomes, individual client stories and overall agency performance in a clear and compelling fashion in marketing and communications materials.
3. Serve a primary administrator of HOW’s website ensuring content is up to date and accurate.
4. Maintain HOW’s social media presence by posting news, client stories, photos, and videos, on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets daily (using a scheduling platform to prepare posts for weekends, holidays, etc.).
5. Acts as the staff liaison to the Associate Board assisting with setting goals and meeting agendas, managing correspondence and tracking participation and giving.
6. Coordinate the solicitation of volunteers as needed, orient them to HOW, and keep a log of their work for HOW for volunteer acknowledgement and record keeping purposes.
7. Coordinate the solicitation and receipt of “Wish List” gifts-in-kind, and keep a log of their value for record keeping purposes, and donor acknowledgement.
8. Assist in the preparation and production of fundraising and cultivation events.
9. Attends workshops, and other skill-building activities as appropriate.
10. Participates in team meetings and other staff meetings.
11. Remain abreast of issues relating affordable housing, poverty and healthcare.
12. Contributes to the over-all work of the Development & Communications team.
This position is supervised by: Director of Development
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree
WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Minimum three years of development and/or applicable experience in social service setting. Proven writing skills and knowledge of nonprofit communications. Desktop publishing, website management and database management (Donor Perfect preferred) and Microsoft Office applications skills. Demonstrated cultural and economic sensitivity.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid driver’s license
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
DAYS: Variable, Monday-Friday – some weekends
HOW is an Affirmative Action, equal-opportunity employer. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate.
HOW reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment