Department: Mason Enterprise Center
Client Services Coordinator
The George Mason University Mason Enterprise Center (MEC) invites applications for a part-time (32 hours per week) position as a Client Services Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) is a sponsored program of George Mason University and the U.S. Department of Defense. Our mission is to provide counseling, training, and other technical assistance services to businesses throughout the commonwealth of Virginia who are currently, or are seeking to become, government contractors. The nature of the counseling and training is to provide the businesses with the resources they need to register, certify, establish, market, sell and perform federal, state and local government contracts.
The Client Services Coordinator is the initial contact for current and prospective clients, and is responsible for all processes pertaining to accepting, vetting clients, assigning them to counselors, communicating outbound messages including marketing of upcoming programs, registering for training classes, and processing class payments. Additionally, this position provides support to the Director in hosting various conferences and events by assisting with registration, working with conference vendors to secure location, and operating the registration/intake day of the event. This position is responsible for:
1. Client Intake and Processing: Serves as initial contact for clients and inquiries statewide by answering telephone calls, and monitoring and responding to e-mails. Verifies incoming clients for eligibility to participate in the program. Assigns clients to counselors, and schedules counseling appointments.
2. Training Program Support: Processes training/conference registrations and payments; deposits payments per Mason-established processes for credit card, check and cash payment methods.
3. Event Assistance: Supports PTAP special events and outreach sessions by assisting with on-site registration and logistics, representing PTAP at exhibit tables, and coordinating with vendors (food and location space).
4. Marketing Support: Assists in maintaining Web site content. Creates and regularly updates printed marketing materials as well as electronic marketing communications—newsletter and social media posts—to clients.
5. Prepares for training events and conferences by putting together materials, gathering contact information, and updating event registrations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Familiarity with marketing and social media tools; and
- Understanding of financial processes.
- Knowledge of George Mason University financial processes;
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, specifically Neoserra/Outreach Systems; and
- Knowledge of the eVA.virginia.gov system (as a purchaser).
This part-time position is eligible for health insurance including benefits.
Salary: Up to $30,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10525z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.