Essential Functions or Job Duties
Reception and clerical support (60%)
- Manage and make decisions on a daily basis regarding electronic calendars to include scheduling appointments, consultations, and meetings.
- Enter and prepare data and update databases.
- Prepare travel and miscellaneous expenses for reimbursement, and maintain documentation files.
- Compose edit, and format written correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Order and maintain office supplies for department and events.
- Greet visitors and inform faculty/staff that they have arrived. Offer coffee, water, etc.
- Serve as departmental information source, answering and triaging phone calls. Explain policies and procedures relevant to questions and problems.
- Respond in writing to correspondence received in the office and answer e-mail inquiries.
- Retrieve, open, organize and distribute daily mail and faxes.
- Send and receive shipments.
- Classify materials to be filed and maintain departmental filing system.
- Copy documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Event and Meeting Support (30%)
- Gather information and related documents for meeting presentations, including scanning, creating, and optimizing PowerPoint slides/photographs and downloading digital photographs and preparing presentation materials for others; edit for content.
- Provide excellent support to multiple seminar series, training programs, and high-profile events by reserving space, arranging catering, managing participant registration, submitting speaker reimbursement, preparing materials, and setup/take down.
- Draft meeting minutes, as assigned.
- Schedule and assist with WebEx to ensure that remote, as well as in-person, attendance is smooth.
- Coordinate logistics and travel arrangements (airline reservations, hotel reservations for guest speakers.
- Work closely with faculty and department planners to organize guest speaker visits across departments.
- Arrange catering for events, trainings, and meetings.
- Design and compose promotional flyers.
- Work with faculty and staff in various departments to and promote events.
- Assist with website content preparation and updates.
- Maintain presence on social media.
- Review web content regularly to identify news, events, and other updates
- Maintain listervs and other mailing lists.
- Create and distribute weekly newsletter using Mailchimp.
The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
***This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Clerical. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.***
Salary Range: $31,678.40 to $45,364.80 USD/year