Writer/Content Creator (Web Content Specialist) - (170000IO)
The University ofMaryland School of Dentistry (UMSOD) is seeking an enthusiastic and talentedindividual to serve as a part-time (20 hours per week) Writer/Content Creatorfor the Office of Institutional Advancement.Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Development, the writer/content creatorwill be an instrumental member of the UMSOD Advancement team as it works toenhance and enrich the School's internal and external communications.
The Writer/Content Creator must be a highlyenergetic and entrepreneurial professional with a record of creating andproject-managing print and online communications. Working in collaboration withcolleagues in alumni affairs, development, information technology,communications and marketing, this individual will develop content for web,print, social media, and other outreach avenues. He or she willalso be responsible for managing and coordinating or providing support for arange of communications projects produced by the Office of InstitutionalAdvancement with a responsibility for many internal publications and communicationsprojects.
This isan exempt, regular position and offers a generous benefits package thatincludes vacation days, floating and observed holidays, and personal and sickdays; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuitionremission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System ofMaryland schools.
- Create content that will appear onthe UMSOD website including editing and approving.
- Develop (including interviewingsources and fact checking), write, and edit news or feature articles for theschool website and alumni magazine. Prepare and produce digital imagery andmultimedia elements for web publication. Generate interest and convey messagesthrough persuasive multi-media content.
- Assist in the implementation of webcontent strategies to improve internal and external communications.
- Write, edit, and distribute weeklyinternal email newsletters and assemble faculty and student news for thePresident's Monthly online newsletter.
- Write and distribute mass emails onbehalf of the Dean.
- Present content clearly andaccurately in accordance with editorial policy and web graphic treatments. Postto social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickrand YouTube.
- Write news or feature articles for Mdentalalumni magazine, take photographs for magazine, and help to manage productionand distribution.
- Contribute to the writing, editing,and management of production of print pieces for the Office of InstitutionalAdvancement, including post cards, invitations, brochures, etc.
- Perform other related duties asassigned.
Education: Bachelor'sdegree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or closelyrelated field.
Experience: Two(2) years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing, or webdevelopment.
Preferred: Additional related educationand/or experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess top-notch writtencommunication skills. Must be skilled in the principles and practices ofeffective writing, editing, proofreading, and reporting in multi-media contentcreation. Must have the ability to present information accurately and in aclear, concise, and compelling manner. Familiarity with effective businesscommunications and marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to maintain high standardsin his/her work and maintain awareness of trends and influences. Willingness toassume personal responsibility for all outcomes and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively andstrategically with others. Demonstrated professional, ethical, respectful, andcourteous behavior when interacting with colleagues and others.
Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & CareerServices at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. MarylandRelay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veteransand individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E2923D
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Dental - Institutional Advancement
: Mar 15, 2017
: Apr 4, 2017, 11:59:00 PM