Department: Communications & Marketing
Lead Event Assistant (Part-Time)
The George Mason University Office of Communication and Marketing seeks a part-time Lead Event Assistant responsible for assisting professional staff in all aspects of event management. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The University Events team supports Mason's mission by producing events that align with the strategic goals of the university and their students, faculty, alumni, and other stakeholders.
The Lead Event Assistant will report directly to the Scheduling Manager of University Events. This individual will be an experienced team member charged with coordinating all stages of event management, including but not limited to: event scheduling, Web site management, registration management and social media management.
- Proven ability to initiate, plan, schedule and manage on- and off-site university events to include coordination of locations, facilities, technical services, supplies, marketing and print material;
- Ability to effectively communicate standards of facility use, program operations, campus policies, regulations and procedures to customers and the university community;
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skill and the ability to work effectively with a diverse audience;
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service;
- Strong verbal, written and communications skills;
- Ability to work 20 hours per week including evenings and weekends; and
- Must be in good standing (driver's license and insurable) to operate state or personal vehicle(s).
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field; and
- Experience with WordPress and 25Live.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG154z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.