| The Institution: |
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master's and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,300 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Digital Content Coordinator assists the Office of Communications and Marketing in the day-to-day activities and projects that advance the visibility of MGH Institute brand and strategic initiatives. This individual develops and curates content for the Institute's digital properties and social media channels, and ensures that messaging and content supports Institute's branding and style guidelines and maximizes engagement with various Institute constituencies. This individual will research relevant content, stay abreast of emerging digital and social media trends, and compile analytics to report on digital marketing and communication activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Marketing and Social Media Manager in the creation and execution of comprehensive social media plan, which will include integrated marketing campaigns and content creation.
- Research and post content that is relevant and of interest to Institute students, alumni, faculty, and staff, while maintaining a consistent voice for the MGH Institute brand.
- Help curate high-quality, effective digital content from IHP sources that engages our audiences and supports our communications goals.
- Maintain, monitor, and update Institute's social media accounts, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest, YouTube, Flicker, Wordpress Blog, etc.
- Assist with identifying story opportunities for internal/external communications and collaborate with the communications team to develop appropriate content for our digital properties.
- Respond to social media comments and messages in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all content is up-to-date, accurate, engaging, and meets Institute style guidelines.
- Post to Institute blog site and assist Marketing and Social Media Manager in maintaining blog site.
- Assist with tracking digital media activity, engagement, traffic, conversions, effectiveness and other key performance indicators and digital strategic initiatives, for reporting.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Communications and Marketing group as needed. Some remote evening and weekend hours occasionally required.
Office setting. On campus, position not approved to work from home.
Training / Time Required To Learn Job Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Qualifications:
Skills / Abilities / Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably communications, journalism, english, or marketing.
- 1-3 years of experience developing, writing, and producing content for the web/social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Self starter, dependable, and capable of performing under pressure.
Administrative Skills - Must be proficient in Microsoft word, excel, power point, and outlook.
Technical Skills - Experience developing and executing digital and social media strategies and campaigns. Must have experience with social networking/marketing for a wide range of social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest, YouTube, Flicker, Wordpress blog, etc. Understanding of graphic design principals, experience with basic photography and video editing, and knowledge of programs such as Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. Knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital tracking tools is a plus. Experience with HubSpot, WordPress, and Drupal preferred but not required. Experience in a not-for-profit or higher education setting preferred but not required.
Physical Capabilities - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and be mobile; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel is necessary in this position.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.