Charlotte Country Day School
Athletics Program Intern
The Charlotte Country Day School athletics internship program designed to provide current college students, graduate students, and recent graduates with the opportunity to obtain professional experience in the field of sports management. The purpose of this experience is to augment formal classroom instruction, to experiment with theory and concepts, to utilize practical applications, and to begin the development of professional competency. Interns will work approximately 20 hours per week over the course of three sports seasons. Most work will be concentrated in the afternoon and evening hours. Occasional weekend work will also be required. Current undergraduate and graduate students may opt for either a semester-long (August-December, January-May) or year-long (August-May) program.
The athletics program interns are responsible for all duties related to the administration of the athletics program as assigned by the director of athletics. Interns’ primary responsibilities will be in the areas of event management, facilities management, and sports information; additional projects will be dependent on program needs. Interns will be encouraged to develop at least one project that matches their area(s) of interest and expertise. Internships may be combined with a coaching assignment if such an assignment is appropriate and available. Specific ongoing responsibilities include:
- Assistance with on-site logistics management for athletics program events
- Assistance with management of athletics program website, including regular updating of results and writing of news releases
- Assistance with management of athletics program social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Assistance with management of athletics program audio and video platforms, including in-event audio, filming of competitions, and filming/editing of feature videos
- Assistance with set-up, break-down, and ongoing maintenance of athletics facilities/equipment for home events
Successful candidates must be enrolled in or have recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program in sports management or a related field. Additional consideration will be given to those needing to fulfill school internship requirements.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and undergraduate/graduate transcript through the school’s online application portal.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Charlotte Country Day School will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Country Day does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Abe Wehmiller, director of athletics, email@example.com