| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
The Instructional Design Assistant position will be assigned 20 hours per week and will report to the Coordinator of the Digital Scholarship Center.
- Assisting with the development and support of digital scholarship projects and historical archives.
- Assisting students and faculty with digital course and research projects.
- Providing software assistance for students and faculty (by appointment).
- Assisting with general and technical maintenance of the Digital Scholarship Center.
- Assisting with the development of web-based tutorials and digital learning material.
- Developing and conducting workshops and learning sessions on a wide variety of digital media and creative topics.
- Assisting with researching emerging technologies for learning and scholarship.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Design, Computer Science, Photography, Video, or a related field required.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Design, Computer Science, Photography, Video or a related field preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of professional digital design experience in fields such as Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Web Development, 3D Modeling, or Photography.
- Three (3) or more years of experience teaching courses or workshops to a diverse population.
Experience Also Required in Some of the Following Areas (not listed in order of priority):
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier, AfterEffects, Blender, Google Apps
- Print design, web design, photography, video editing, eBook development, interactivity for learning
- Learning theory, ADDIE Model, Blackboard Support, MOODLE
- Digital and video cameras, lighting, video production, YouTube
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong commitment to courteous and effective support for a diverse population
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to thirty (30) pounds
- Ability to work with multiple internal departments
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.