| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering seeks a Senior Communications Writer for its external-facing websites, MSKCC.org and SloanKettering.edu. A leader in cancer research and treatment for more than 130 years, MSK sets an equally high standard for the rigor and effectiveness of its communications efforts.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in healthcare or non-profit communications. The Senior Communications Writer will play an important role on MSK's growing editorial team, and will work closely with MSK’s senior leadership to write and edit external and internal publications as well as high-profile remarks, announcements, and crisis-related communications. In addition, this writer will create compelling content about people, events, and news at MSK as well as the activities of the Gerstner Sloan Kettering Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
As the Senior Communication Writer, you will:
- Write speaker remarks for leadership, including C-level executives.
- Compose key messaging for our newsworthy events.
- Act as editorial point person for external announcements and crisis communications.
- Lead and participate in highly collaborative special projects.
- Edit work by multiple contributors.
- Write about the latest MSK news as well as developing content that translates complex scientific concepts for a lay audience for our blog and print publications.
- Write and edit consumer-facing web copy for institutional departments.
- Project manage production of content for public events, including groundbreakings and openings.
- Making recommendations around info graphics, videos, images, or other media.
- Contribute ideas for social media content.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of related writing experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, both in writing and in person.
- Familiarity with trending topics in basic science and health and the ability to present complex subject matter in clear, understandable terms.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.