Multimedia Production Specialist (Media Production Specialist II), Office of Communications
California State University San Marcos seeks Multimedia Production Specialist (Media Production Specialist II) in the Office of Communications. Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President for Communications, the Multimedia Productions Specialist serves a strategic role in developing and implementing the vision of the department's video production as well as creating communications and marketing materials and plans to support the University's mission, ensuring a well-structured and well-coordinated University "look and feel" across multiple mediums. Serves as producer for various video projects, including NewsCenter packaged stories, event videos, administrator interviews, video news releases, and marketing pieces that may support philanthropy, recruitment, alumni engagement, the Office of the President, athletics and special projects. Develops concepts, directs, stages, shoots and edits all video productions and mentors team of video interns. Develops brochures, presentations, invitations, and related collateral materials of varying size, scope, and shape. Assists with the coordination of campus photography efforts, including taking photos as needed. Serves as a point of contact for various University business units in the development of their visual communications efforts. Works extensively with the creative and editorial teams to ensure that all visual communications efforts are extended to and integrated with the campus website, NewsCenter, social media tools, and logo / branding efforts. Works to support the University's marketing and branding strategies.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS: AN OVERVIEW
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is a modern, forward-thinking university, fueled by the collective innovation and determination of a transformational team. CSUSM is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County, where people are proud to come to work and be a part of something great. Our unwavering commitment to a "People First" philosophy supports a culture in which every employee is a leader, "empowered to decide, change and shape our future."
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long term health care, retirement plans, educational assistance, life insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick leave benefits.
CSUSM is a recipient of the Chronicle's 2014 Great College to Work For. We're looking for high impact employees to join our team. If you have what it takes - come grow with us at CSUSM!
- Equivalent to Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in art and technology, video production, graphic design, graphic communications, publishing/communications, mass media, marketing, or related fields.
- Three or more years of experience in the field of multimedia communications with a minimum of one-year experience in design, video production techniques, still and motion picture photography, image editing, and page layout software required. Ideal candidates will be able to provide evidence of this experience through demonstration of a portfolio of past work.
Salary and Position Status
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
- Full time, probationary position with benefits
- CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,515 - $5,704/month
- Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,515- $4,584/month
- This position is open until filled with a first review of applications beginning April 6, 2017. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting material should be submitted by 11:59 pm on April 5, 2017.
- This position is subject to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
For position specifications, benefits summary and to apply, please visit our website at http://careers-csusm.icims.com/. Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238.
Direct your questions to:
California State University San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or veteran's status.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency