Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, life sciences, or related field required.
Minimum of three years’ experience in scientific/clinical writing, preferably for an electronic medical publication. Working knowledge of medical journals and their processes highly desirable. Familiarity with a variety of web technologies, and especially website content management software, strongly preferred. Some facility with webinar, social media, image-editing, and video-editing software a plus.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interviewing and research abilities
• A keen instinct for newsworthy material
• Outstanding copy-editing skills, and impeccable attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellence in organization, planning, and follow-through
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and volunteer leaders; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential
• Positive attitude in the workplace
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
• Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness, and Teamwork.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran"