The Director of Development, Events, and Possibilities has responsibility for the school’s marketing and generating all non-tuition revenue. He/she will lead the school’s advancement program, including marketing, communications and development. Primary advancement duties include fundraising, public relations, marketing and development office infrastructure.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Head of School Greg Bamford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other school-related solicitations.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
- Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
- Works with the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and the Head of School to develop strategies to initiate and meet fundraising goals.
- Develops fundraising training for Trustees and other leadership volunteers.
Public Relations and Advertising
- Oversees production of all major publications including the School’s website and other social media, and working with designers and printers to promote the school’s fund and friend raising goals and activities.
- Coordinates with news media to promote the school and its initiatives
- Develops and implements strategies to promote Watershed School’s mission to both the internal constituencies of the School and the community at large.
- Coordinates school events (other than admissions events), including Shed Fest, Film Festival, New Parent Orientation, Wilderness/Orientation ROLs, Back to School Nights, May Term Information Nights, May Term ROLs, FAIR, and Graduation.
- Coordinates logistics for parent education events.
Community and Strategic Initiatives
- Leads new initiatives to connect Watershed with the broader community, such as Startup Weekend Youth Boulder, as directed by the Head of School.
- Coordinates programming for the Expedition to the Future of Learning, including Educator Visit Days, Traverse, and other conferences as scheduled.