| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking an Informatics Project Manager to join our Department of Surgery Research and Development team. The Informatics project manager directs web application development and management of the Caisis clinical research system. Identifies problems, trends, and issues requiring action or further review and escalate to the Informatics Manager. Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation; provides consistent and comprehensive status report and project updates to the Surgery Informatics manager. S/he will provide guidance and support for the surgery informatics web development team, including analysis, design, architecture, development, advancement and management of web applications within the Department of Surgery and other departments using Caisis. Finally, this position will provide biomedical informatics expertise for multi-institutional research collaborations.
- Direct web application development and management of the Caisis clinical research system
- Participate in departmental strategy and planning efforts related to Caisis and web development
- Recommend, initiate, and assist with operational changes
- Participate in the development of policies, programs, and procedures in accordance with the mission of the Center and the goals of the department, and the goals of external partners related to web development activities
- Orient, train, and evaluate the performance of staff
- Communicate and ensure compliance with quality standards and informatics web development improvement initiatives
- Lead or contribute to special projects as assigned by the Informatics Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical and/or Computer Science
- Master’s Degree in Management and/or Biomedical Informatics preferred
- Advanced level skill sets in C#, .Net, SQL
- Experience working in the healthcare industry a plus
- Very strong interpersonal skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.