Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for a full-time Director of Communication Services and Fine Arts Programs with the Marketing and Communications Office.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a private liberal arts college in Saint Peter, Minn., that prepares 2,400 undergraduates for lives of leadership, service, and lifelong learning. Fully accredited and known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and is internationally recognized for its annual Nobel Conference.
This position supports the departments of art and art history, music, and theatre and dance with the logistics, operations, and communication activities that enhance the student experience and efficient running of the offices concerned. Guided by the College’s mission and strategic plan as well as the Marketing and Communication division’s statement of purpose, the Director of Communication Services and Fine Arts Programs will help to raise the visibility, reputation, and image of the College and its fine arts programs by promoting its events, and people through a variety of communication strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill the duties of Fine Arts Programs and coordinator for the College, including:
- Work with each Fine Arts department to coordinate its season of events and printed programs.
- Maintain and manage the fine arts website and social media channels.
- Write, edit, produce, and disseminate news releases and feature stories for public release via regional and national media.
- Perform departmental administrative functions (e.g. hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, monitoring budget, developing procedures, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, and enhancing productivity of staff.
- Schedule and manage Bjorling Recital Hall, and manage Anderson Theatre, the Hillstrom Museum of Art, and Fine Arts events in Christ Chapel.
- Manage logistics for Fine Arts events at other campus locations (e.g., Lund Center, the Market Place, the Hillstrom Museum of Art).
- Work with tour manager to coordinate booking, scheduling, and budgets for all tours by Gustavus ensembles.
- Oversee recording and editing services for Fine Arts events.
- Develop and manage the Fine Arts calendar to integrate with institutional calendars.
- Manage budget, plan programs and engage performers for the Gustavus Artist Series in collaboration with the faculty committee.
- Manage the Johnson Funds events in collaboration with the faculty committee and the Johnson chair.
- Develop long and short range plans/programs (e.g. identifying department-specific support needs; outlining visual and performing arts programs; etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that Fine Arts Area objectives are realized.
- Proactively solicit information necessary for promotion and support of Fine Arts sponsored events, both campus-based and for guest artists.
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and in particular the Vice President for Marketing and Communications to craft key messages to help achieve desired outcomes for the art and art history, music, and theatre and dance departments and related admission and advancement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.