| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Senior Developer – Health Informatics Innovation Team
Who we are:
At MSK, the Division of Health Informatics manages a diverse suite of clinical information systems used across the enterprise. Our Informatics Innovation team studies technology trends in healthcare and beyond, and identifies areas where technology can improve cancer care at our institution. We prototype, develop and deploy novel technologies used by our clinicians and our patients.
We aim to recruit a Senior Developer who will be an integral member of our team. The Senior Developer will develop tools to increase user satisfaction (clinicians and patients), maximize care quality and efficiency, and provide advanced decision support. Specific projects in our portfolio include: mobile apps; consumer health wearables; patient- and clinician-facing solutions using custom web-based and mobile applications; and pioneering the use of virtual reality, chatbots, and other emerging technologies in the context of cancer care.
- An individual with strong analytical aptitude and programming skills
- An ambitious self-starter who strives for results and performs well under pressure
- Driven to continually learn new programming techniques, technologies and methods
- Creative with a passion for innovation and a willingness to utilize disruptive technology
- Eager to solve complex problems with elegant software solutions
- Familiar with test driven development and good engineering practices
- Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience
- Experience with web development, web services, and database technologies
- Strong portfolio of completed work
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a hospital or other healthcare setting
- A strong design sensibility for user interfaces and data presentation
- Ability to build real-time data pipelines using open-source cluster frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark and Kafka)
- Capable of applying machine learning techniques to various technology stacks
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE BOTH A RESUME AND A COVER LETTER (AS A SINGLE PDF).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.