Sarah Lawrence is a prestigious, coeducational liberal arts college that consistently ranks among the leading liberal arts colleges in the country. Sarah Lawrence is known for its pioneering approach to education, its rich history of impassioned intellectual and civic engagement, and its vibrant, successful alumni. In close proximity to the unparalleled offerings of New York City, the historic campus, located in southern Westchester, is home to an intellectually curious and diverse community.
Sarah Lawrence College Physical Education department seeks a full-time Sports Information Director. The SID will report directly to the Director of Athletics. Sarah Lawrence is a member of the Skyline Conference and NCAA Division III.
- Serve as the primary media contact for the College’s 15 intercollegiate athletics teams
- Responsible for home game management of all varsity sports as it relates to sports informatiopn, including statistics inputting and video streaming
- Prepare and coordinate news releases and information regarding student-athletes, coaches, team records, etc. to various internal and external media in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Maintain and update the Sarah Lawrence College Athletics website, GoGryphons.com, and social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
- Effectively utilizes technology such as photography, social media and video to market, promote and enhance the visibility of SLC Athletics
- Drive engagement by actively creating new opportunities for fan involvement at home competitions and through social media
- Submit qualified nominations for awards for student-athletes, coaches, and staff at the conference, regional, and national level
- Manage student workers during home competitions and everyday tasks
- Preserve and update historical records of SLC student-athletes and teams
- Create newsletters for alumni, community and other friends of the athletics program
- Take advantage of Professional Development opportunities, including CoSIDA Convention
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics