Rochambeau, The French International School, has an opening for a Communication Specialist. If you are a current qualified employee and would like to apply, please submit your cover letter ad updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Communication Specialist is essential to the school’s communications and community-building efforts for both internal and external audiences. This position is part of a vibrant Advancement Office and is expected to employ a collaborative, service-oriented approach in developing and implementing communication strategies to promote student, parent, teacher, staff and overall community engagement. Every staff member of Rochambeau, The French International School is expected to promote the school’s mission and vision and also to advance the central values of the school, including support and cooperation, openness, respect for diversity, and pursuit of excellence.
This position reports to the Advancement Director.
- Propose and implement strategies to enhance internal communications and build external audience.
- Design visual presentation for school messaging, events and merchandise (invitations, recognition gifts, posters, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Advancement Office to develop print and online materials - write, design, edit and produce Annual Report, Admissions materials, Annual Fund and other development materials.
- Oversee all aspects of e-communications, including content and format for frequent newsletters (10+ per month) as well as management of distribution lists.
- Write and edit news stories including short videos, photography and other online and print media.
- Ensure a cohesive visual identity of the school for all departments and activities.
- Develop strategies for online engagement through website and social media, including regular review of engagement analytics.
- Website Management, including writing, editing and managing content on website.
- Manage email lists for parents, staff and faculty and alumni.
- Manage social media: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other social media, keeping postings up to date and relevant.