Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
The Program Assistant, Admin. Service for the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) is responsible for assisting the office in the organization and administration of federal, state, institutional and private financial aid programs. Specifically, this position is primarily responsible for providing professional and positive customer service and assisting students with questions, paperwork, and requirements as they relate to financial aid.
- Assists in the daily operations of the Office by answering the phone and email, attending to incoming and outgoing correspondence, data entry, and front office reception as necessary.
- Determines the customer?s individual needs; provides appropriate forms, schedules appointments with financial aid officers, refers to appropriate departments
- Counsels student aid applicants, aid recipients and their families with regard to the rights and responsibilities associated with financial aid
- Understands packaging principles, performs financial calculations, and reconciles financial accounts
- Conducts financial aid file reviews, including federal verification, and packages aid for a case load of new and returning students
- Reviews student accounts annually for continued eligibility for all merit scholarship programs; manages communications to students regarding outcome of review including data entry on student accounts
- Collaborates with various campus offices, particularly Admissions, the Business Office and the Registrar
- Receives and reviews large volumes of paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Prepares student files for verification and packaging review. Handles confidential material and communications
- Provides accurate Financial Aid Office information to students through various social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree
- Sharp critical thinking skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse population of students and parents
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.