Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering is seeking a qualified, competent, and service oriented PR coordinator to meet the needs of our growing faculty and student population, as well as our expanding laboratory facilities. The HMRCOE public relations coordinator will work in a multidisciplinary environment that includes Biomedical, Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Electrical & Computer, and Mechanical Engineering.
Other duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Working with the Office of Media and Public Relations
· Working with faculty and students to identify new stories
· Developing, launching, and maintaining print and electronic marketing campaigns
· Maintaining internal database for mailings
· Developing and managing e-newsletters and email blast campaigns
· Managing social media accounts
· Working with student interns
· Serves as a point of contact for Office of the Dean
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
· Bachelors in related field is required
· Two (2) years of professional experience in public relations or marketing field
· Ability to write clear, concise, and compelling copy (strong writing background)
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.