- Master’s degree in education, business, career or vocational counseling, psychology, human resources, student services, or related fields; or equivalent experience
- Experience interfacing with employers and potential partners
- Familiarity with corporations, nonprofits and government agencies, and an ability to develop partnerships with those organizations
- Working knowledge of experiential learning theories and best practices
- Track record of integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Technology skills, including social media fluency with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Experience with career services platforms (e.g., Symplicity, Handshake) and Customer Service Management (CSM) platforms (e.g., Salesforce)
- Experience as a recruiter
- Familiarity with National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- Teaching or training experience
ABOUT MENLO COLLEGE
Menlo College is a tight-knit community of exceptional, involved people. Faculty members teach and mentor from their perspectives as scholars, entrepreneurs, managers, and community leaders. Menlo College attracts students from all over the world--young adults who are committed to learning, play intercollegiate sports, start and lead organizations, and volunteer in the community. The campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with many opportunities for experience-based learning.
In support of experiential learning, all business majors at Menlo College are required to complete a 6-unit internship prior to graduation. Psychology majors are also strongly encouraged to complete a for-credit internship. The Menlo College Internship Program is designed to help students apply the knowledge and skills they gain in the classroom to professional settings.
Menlo College is consistently included in lists of America’s best colleges, including citations by the U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review. AffordableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online) has brought additional recognition to the quality of the Menlo College experience: AC Online named Menlo as one of the 4-year colleges in California with the best lifetime return on investment (ROI). For more about Menlo College, please visit www.menlo.edu.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in which they identify their interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to:
Director of Human Resources
1000 El Camino Real
Atherton, CA 94027-4301
All prospective Menlo College employees are required to satisfy a criminal background check, as well as clearance annually for the operation of a motor vehicle on behalf of Menlo College. Menlo College is committed to a firm policy of equal employment opportunity.