Essential Duties :
Application Deadline: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 5, 2017. Second consideration may be given to applications received by May 26, 2017. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (May 26, 2017) may not be given full consideration.
Initiate and implement the program's assessment policy. Produce and implement an electronic data student tracking system. Initiate the department's retention efforts in all areas of the program. Determine and coordinate needed workshops and academic interventions in order to improve student retention and persistence to graduation. Plan and deliver effective social media and online communications for the purpose of recruitment, student success, parent communications, and alumni relations. Design, supervise, and evaluate summer computer-skills instruction. Ensure Talent Development (TD) students' progress toward graduation in a timely and systematic way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research, analyze, and assess program needs and effectiveness to ensure the program's continuous improvement.
Develop appropriate plans and timelines for assessment and continuous program improvement in consultation with campus wide departments.
Implement academic initiatives related to outcomes assessment and enhancement of student learning and achievement. Generate assessment reports.
Remain current with national standards, benchmarks and best practices related to outcomes assessment and enhancement of student learning and success.
Recruit, train, manage, supervise and evaluate support staff. Participate in conferences and webinars through attendance or facilitation to represent the program and the University.
Implement and maintain internal communication system to update students in regards to program news and opportunities. Participate as an active member on University committees.
Write, edit, and produce a variety of publications (hard copy, electronic format or both), for a diverse audience. Manage the marketing and distribution of publications.
Provide academic advising on an individual and group basis for students in Talent Development on a needed basis, in particular as advisor of the day.
Implement, and analyze appropriate national or local survey instruments.
Provide individual and group training to improve assessment methods.
Design, enhance, and maintain department website.
Develop internal Strategic Plan for Social Media Communications with Students, Alumni, and Parents.
Manage Social Media communications on platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and related media.
Design and produce a quarterly department newsletter.
Design Curriculum and implement computer skills component of summer program. Hire and supervise staff for its implementation.
Evaluate student needs and program effectiveness.
Manage information displays/kiosks in student interaction space of building.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
Perform all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers and word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.
1. Master's degree.
2. Minimum of three years' experience with quantitative assessment/evaluation of student learning outcomes and assessment in higher education.
3. Demonstrated ability to quantitatively interpret, analyze and explain various statistical outputs (such as: t-tests, ANOVAs, regression, and models with multiple dependent variables).
4. Demonstrated use of statistical software (including, SPSS/SAS).
5. Demonstrated project management experience.
6. Demonstrated experience implementing data-based change.
7. Demonstrated experience developing training materials and/or activities.
8. Demonstrated experience integrating technology into assessment and advising.
9. Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
10. Demonstrated presentation skills.
11. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
12. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of website management (including, WordPress or similar content management systems).
14. Demonstrated ability to use social media applications.
15. Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff and administrators.
16. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
17. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
2. Demonstrated fluency in Spanish or Southeast Asian languages.
3. Demonstrated collaborative work style.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Status : Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent
Union: Non-Union Non-Classified Staff
Pay Grade Level: 12
Pay Rate Detail: $59,000 - $63,000 (anticipated salary range)
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter, (#2) Resume, and (#3) “Other” the names and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.