The Public Relations (PR) Liaison, under the direction of the St. Louis region Public Relations Manager, is responsible for the creation and communication of media pitches; monitoring the regional and national health news scene for stories that can be pitched locally; serving as primary media contact and responding to media inquiries; supporting crisis communication; working with local public relations staff in the St. Louis region to help achieve media goals; and supporting the Public Relations Manager with additional external and internal communications. This position will support the work of the SSM Health Marketing and Communications team to ensure media strategies drive and support key strategic organizational goals.
- Coordinates public relations and media relations for sites within the St. Louis region, arranging and facilitating interviews, developing physician relationships, conducting media training as needed with physicians and leadership.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with local media.
- Serves as key contact and SSM Health St. Louis representative with media.
- Supports market public relations team members in achieving media goals.
- Responsible for responding to media calls on nights and weekends.
- Serves as key media contact and an emergency preparedness team member for the region.
- Works with region leadership and Department of Risk to monitor any potential media concerns.
- Develops and disseminates news, press and photo releases.
- Develops content and graphics for organization's employee news efforts, MyNews, employee engagement campaigns, events, meeting presentations, digital marketing and social media.
- Responsible for helping to develop social media strategy, as well as social media content.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating regional physician webinars.
- Responsible for assisting with production of physician videos for social media and website.
- Tracks and maintains region media metrics.
- Partners with the system Media Relations and Internal Communications teams on projects as needed.
- Maintains integrity and consistency of the organizational brand standards and coordinates with marketing staff to ensure proper alignment between marketing and public relations strategies.
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM Health in daily activities and into operational functions, processes and environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Strategic Communications, Public Relations/Affairs or related field
- Four to six years of experience working in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field required
- Crisis management and strategic planning skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both small and large-scale settings
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop informal leadership
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate a deep trust and discretionary approach to sensitive information and topics
- Some employee/internal communications experience preferred
- Experience in health care industry preferred
About SSM Health - System Office:
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.