The Latin American Studies Program Coordinator is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Program Director, Associate Director, full-time faculty and professorial lecturers. Responsibilities include organizing department events, and contributing to the planning and execution of international study trips, internal and external communication, and recruiting activities. Additionally, the Program Coordinator monitors and maintains webpage content, budgets and monthly expenditures, program files, and office supplies in addition to providing general information to students, visitors, and callers, among other duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating LASP lecture events, with input from the Program Director, faculty and senior staff (drafting and sending invitation letters to potential speakers, following up on invitations, ordering food, reserving rooms, making and posting flyers, sending out weekly email to the SAIS Communications Office for calendar posting of activities, drafting and sending thank you letters to speakers)
- Coordinating LASP special events (orientation, open house, receptions, etc.), office activities and meetings
- Drafting, revising, and proofreading memos, letters, and announcements for internal and external audiences
- Corresponding with students, faculty, and staff to process internal SAIS documents for Academic Affairs, the Business Office, HR, etc.
- Evaluating and disseminating Latin American political and economic news to LASP students and alumni
- Assisting with the planning of international LASP study trips
- Monitoring LASP budgets and compiling monthly budget reports for internal program use and reconciling statements with monthly departmental expenditures
- Updating/drafting LASP newsletters and brochures
- Maintaining PhD and other program files
- Coordinating activities related to graduate courses including tracking student grades, scheduling prospectus and dissertation defenses, scheduling and coordinating exams, etc.
- Generating LASP webpage content ideas and updating LASP webpages on a regular basis; ensuring that webpages are always up-to-date
- Assisting LASP Director and other faculty and senior staff with research as needed.
- Checking and ordering office supplies as needed
- Scheduling appointments
- Reserving meeting rooms
- Arranging videoconference calls
- Answering telephone calls on the main LASP line, screening callers, relaying messages, and providing general program information to callers with inquiries
- Typing routine correspondence in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Sorting, and screening mail
- Ordering books and supplies for full-time faculty and professorial lecturers
- Reserving rooms for full-time faculty and professorial lecturers as needed
- Processing general LASP bills and reimbursements
- Providing office and classroom technical support for the LASP Director, full-time faculty, and professorial lecturers
- Providing administrative support to school-wide committees as needed.
Note: This position posting should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as required. The university has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not be construed as a contract for employment.
Please be sure to state salary requirements.