Duration: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
At Standard Life we are on an exciting global journey. Our purpose is to invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference – for our customers and clients, our people and our shareholders. This takes combined skills, expertise and collaboration of a team of people who are committed to excellence in all they do.
We were established in 1825. Today we're an investment company employing 6,300 people – through operations in the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. Standard Life plc is listed on the LSE with around 1.2 million individual shareholders.
Standard Life Investments is a leading asset manager with an expanding global reach. Our wide range of investment solutions is backed by our distinctive Focus on Change investment philosophy, disciplined risk management and shared commitment to a culture of investment excellence.
As active managers, we place significant emphasis on rigorous research and a strong collaborative ethos. We constantly think ahead and strive to anticipate change before it happens, ensuring that our clients can look to the future with confidence.
Standard Life Investments manages £277.9 billion* on behalf of clients worldwide. Our investment capabilities span equities, bonds, real estate, private equity, multi-asset solutions, fund-of-funds and absolute return strategies
We succeed because of our people – our collective skills, passions and experience. We bring talented individuals together through teamwork and a collaborative spirit to identify and unlock potential and to create value for our clients.
Working with the Investments Integration team, Investment Management Committee (IMC), Investments Head of People and the wider Internal Communications team the Consultant will deliver the communication plan to ensure that internal communication channels across Investments are managed and developed in such a way as to represent and engage the voice of Investments.
You will be required to use your expertise to build relationships with people at all levels, including key stakeholders, across Investments both locally and globally.
- Develop, Support and maintain an Investments Communications & Engagement strategy in collaboration with the Investments Integration team and IMC, ensuring a consistent voice of Investments
- Implement the internal communications & engagement strategy to ensure the Investments vision, strategy, values and culture are both understood and engaged by our people
- Plan and implement regular two way communication initiatives working with the IMC and other stakeholders to ensure they are cascaded and received effectively
- Organise events utilising multiple mediums (Town halls, presentations, news updates, conferences, leaflets, e-mail, internal broadcasts etc.) ensuring communications are relevant and engaging for the intended audiences
- Support speakers at key communication events in the production of slide presentations, scripts and other audio-visual media
- Continually measure and review our communication events, channels and processes to ensure they meet our peoples needs
- Draft and issue internal communications in line with our values and Investment voice
- Maintain an up to date Investments functional view to showcase the business activities for use in Client meetings
- Collaborate with internal communications and virtual communications teams across Standard Life Group where appropriate
- Internal Communication strategy and methodology understanding of internal communications media, channels and best practice
- Appreciation of Compliance Rulings with regard the disclosure of market sensitive information
- As passion and understanding of Investment Industry and its drivers
- Relationship building: building rapport and maintaining relationships with key people at all levels across the business
- Tenacity and tempo: working effectively in a fast past and constantly changing environment
- Strong copywriting skills: asking appropriate questions and clearly articulating key business messages in writing
- Project Management: co-ordinating communications surrounding major communication activities
- Multi-media skills: experience in the use and production of corporate videos, intranets, social media
- Strong influencing skills
- Strategy & Vision
- Communicating & influencing
- Client focus
- Decision making & judgement
- Action, Professionalism and Business Integrity
Qualifications / Experience
- Communications professional with demonstrable experience in an internal communications role, gained within a demanding professional environment – preferably Investment Management or Financial Services.
In addition, the successful applicant will have the willingness to take responsibility. Planning, organisation and presentation skills are vitally important, as is accuracy. They will be a self-motivated team-player, who draws on a tendency to collaborate to achieve results.
In return for dedication and commitment, Standard Life Investments are able to offer long and rewarding careers. The role is based in Edinburgh. For more information, or to make an application, please visit www.standardlife.com/careers