| Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the Director of Athletic Communications will support the overall mission and vision of the University of Chicago and the Department of Athletics and Recreation by serving two main roles. The first to provide leadership and execution of departmental communications in promoting 20 varsity sports and all services of Athletics & Recreation. The second is in collaboration with the Sports Information Director, perform statistical and game management responsibilities and write applicable stories. Adhere to NCAA, UAA, Midwest Conference, and CCIW rules and regulations. |
- Proficiency in video editing required (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie). - Experience using statistical programs strongly preferred (Statcrew in-game software). - Graphic design expertise preferred (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
1. Provide leadership in athletic communications:
- Write pre- and post-season stories for multiple teams. - Write pre- and post-contest stories for multiple teams. - Write special feature stories and other writing assignments as needed. - Oversee website presentation and maintenance. - Produce original video content for website and events. - Manage event video streaming. - Manage social media presence. - Create press releases and special promotional materials. - Prepare and submit nominations of student-athletes for conference, regional, and national recognition awards. - Produce publications (electronic newsletters, media guides, brochures, etc.) as needed.
2. Perform sports information responsibilities for assigned teams/contests:
- Perform in-game statistical operations. - Oversee live stats and live video streaming. - Record/report statistical information. - Manage the assigned work crew in respective event day functions. - Assist with photography selection and editing.
3. Collaborate with campus partners including: University Communications, News Office, Office of the Dean of the College, Office of the Dean of Students in the College, Alumni Relations & Development, Office of Admissions & Financial Aid, and other departments within Campus & Student Life.
4. Other duties as assigned.