Reporting to the senior communications director, the Videographer will work in close collaboration with college leadership and communications managers to design and execute video projects that support the college’s mission, goals and communications strategies.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Conceiving and developing creative solutions for addressing College initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Executes shoots on site/on location including lighting, audio,camera operation and talent direction. Additionally, handles assignments requiring special lighting, multiple locations, creativity, special audio needs, custom graphics, and animation.
- Works closely with Communication Director and Communication Managers to determine content and format of productions, operates editing equipment, and implements a variety of positive and negative feedback from various sources as necessary.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes MSU brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product; creates photo galleries and slideshows with audio.
- Writes and produces photographic or video narratives; recommends, determines and procures type of talent needed for voice over work.
- Manages and mentors undergraduate and graduate students to become successful assistants.
- Conducts interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni and campus visitors and ensures that valuable sound bites are captured.
- Scouts shoot locations and assesses possible obstacles in filming and provides solutions or alternatives.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working order including troubleshooting and minor repairs as necessary.
- Attends meetings and offers development and production insight based on the requests.
- Produce content and manage content for digital media platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo and Facebook Videos.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Media Technology, Telecommunications or Broadcast Journalism; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in videotape editing and production; conceptualizing and writing news stories, reporting on news events, and/or experience in a news room. The job may require experience in a field related to the area of employment as defined below; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strongly desired field experience: operating SLRs (single lensreflex), Video Cameras, EFP, sound recording equipment, composing sequential shots, editing; digital workflows for images and videos; using video assets and multi-media to achieve communications and marketing goals through social media and digital marketing; live streaming platforms like Facebook Live, Limelight, YouTube, Google+ Hangouts. Ability to manage time/priorities effectively.
- Creative, high-energy individual with exceptional, proven design skills.
- Familiarity with project management tools and processes a plus.
- Candidates must be able to interact effectively and professionally with a wide range of people including faculty, administrative and professional staff, and students.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities are essential.
- Intellectual curiosity, flexibility, and an interest in learning new things will be important to success in this position.
- Successful candidates must be highly organized, with a proven ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities and work effectively in a large, complex institutional setting.
- The selected candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work autonomously with sound judgment; excellent organizational and time management skills; strong interpersonal and networking skills; be resourceful.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your portfolio for further consideration. Also, provide name and contact information for three professional references.
VARIABLE ( Hours are mostly standard 8 to 5, but may vary based on college events. )
Description of End Date
This is an off-date position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding Eligibility Ends on 5/16/2017 at 11:55 PM