Strategic Communications Graduate Assistant 2 of 2 Webster University
Position Number: S0653
Job Description Summary: The Strategic Communications Graduate Assistant will assist with writing, editing, video recording, social media and planning activities for strategic and internal communications, including internal communications as well as proofing/editing of external relations materials.
Minimum Qualifications Students in any of these programs would be relevant for this and our other GA postings: Master of Arts in Advertising and Marketing Communications (M.A.) Master of Arts in Communications Management (M.A.) Master of Arts in Media Communications (M.A.) Master of Arts in New Media Production (M.A.) Master of Arts in Public Relations (M.A.) Master of Science in Marketing (MS) Master of Business Administration (MBA) Must be accepted to a graduate program at Webster University Must enroll in 9 credit hours of graduate courses per semester Must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA Hours of Work: Not to exceed 20 hours per week Scholarship: Equivalent to 50% of graduate tuition for 9 credit hours per semester at on-ground rate*, the scholarship amount is non-taxable. - Ideally seeking a career in communications, public relations, human resources or related field - Significant writing/editing experience - Strong sense of initiative and commitment to the position - Highly organized and detail-oriented - Strong verbal and written communication skills - Professional and personable - Ability to work without constant supervision - Proficient computer experience, (standard Microsoft Office applications, willingness to work on Mac) - Flexibility to create a schedule that will accommodate our needs
Preferred Qualifications Willingness to attend university events and take notes/pictures when needed, to instruct photographers on shot composition, and to participate in photo/video shoots as needed.
Essential Duties Specific Responsibilities may include:
- Editorial copy for stories used in Webster Today, the Webster newsroom, pitches by Public Relations to news media, and repurposing by alumni, admissions and recruitment, and various academic departments.
- Data review and summation for strategic communications purposes
- Developing visuals and graphics for events and cross-campus communication, including digital TV signage
- Assistance with crisis/emergency and/or internal communications as needed
- Assistance for the video team in on-site shoots, editing, scripting
- Research and tracking for institutional brand outreach and Presidents Peer Influence project.
- Developing copy for recruitment, development/alumni and other constituents
- Writing and developing story ideas for Webster Today and external audiences
- Adding and maintaining events on the university events calendar at events.webster.edu
General responsibilities may include:
- Writing, copyediting, proofing of web and print materials
- Proposing new procedures and initiatives for university communications
- Administering university communication channels, such as broadcast email, text alert or other internal functions
- Assistance on university presentations (e.g. PowerPoint)
Webster University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff of the highest caliber. Accordingly, Webster University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
With its home campus in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Webster University comprises an action-oriented global network of faculty, staff, students and alumni who forge powerful bonds with each other and with their communities around the globe. Founded in 1915, Webster is a private non-profit university with students studying at campus locations in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa and in a robust learning environment online. The university is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.