Communications Manager, Southeast Communications Hub-1903944 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Communications Manager, Southeast Communications Hub (1903944) - Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
Under the general direction of the Sr. Manager, Southeast Communications Hub, you will manage the external communications activities to maintain and strengthen BASF's reputation amongst external stakeholders for BASF sites within the southeast region of United States. This will include media relations, advertising and community relations activities in the region. You will also help to develop and execute strategic communications plans for external stakeholders (community, media, government officials, civic leaders), manage BASF's digital presence and social media strategy, and help coordinate sponsorships, charitable giving and external events. You will coordinate and collaborate with Government Affairs and Human Resources to ensure that external affairs efforts are aligned and coordinated to speak in "one voice" for BASF. Additionally, you will serve as a key account manager for several of the sites within the hub, working with site managers and site leadership teams to deliver communications services.
Although not required, accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is strongly preferred.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science or a related discipline and your communications-related and public relations experience (preferably in a corporate environment), you will manage the external communications activities to maintain and strengthen BASF's reputation amongst external stakeholders for the BASF sites within the Hub.
* Serving as a key account manager for several of the sites within the Hub, you will take a lead role in developing and executing strategic communications plans for external stakeholders (community, media, government officials, civic leaders).
* Demonstrating your ability to deliver concise writing and message development for an external audience and any familiarity with social media you may have, you will develop and manage content for external communications vehicles, including news releases, social media platforms and BASF websites for the sites within the Hub. You will also use these skills to manage content for external communications tools, including the social media strategy and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter).
* Your strong team skills will be essential as you assist in planning and executing BASF's participation in strategic sponsorship opportunities and special events across the region. You will also serve as a BASF spokesperson for the site emergency management teams.
* Your excellent interpersonal and organizational skills will be a valued asset as you assist with the development of corporate charitable giving strategies, liaise with non-profit organizations and identify and execute press opportunities.
* Your effective verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you participate in civic and trade associations, community advisory panels, and other external groups that help advance BASF's presence within the communities where BASF operates. Additionally, you will use these skills to work with the government affairs team to ensure external affairs (government and community relations) efforts are aligned and coordinated to support BASF.
* Multi-tasking and paying attention to detail, you will assist in managing contracted resources and public relations firms to ensure deliverables to support communications strategies.
* Using your proficiency in Microsoft Office, you will manage the development of a crisis communications plan and execution (if needed) at all sites served by the Hub.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: PRCO - Public Relations, Communication & Government Affairs
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCG/C-Geismar Site Communications-63004726
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.