1) This individual will be an accomplished copywriter and editor who brings to life the unique characteristics of masters and professional education at UChicago through a wide range of content types including but not limited to collateral, editorial, email, video, advertising, and social media.
2) This position will create a wide array of content aligned to UCPE (University of Chicago Professional Education) voice and standards for content creation, aggregation, and distribution.
3) Responsible for developing a wide range of marketing facing messages aligned to the UCPE content marketing strategy and brand voice.
4) Provide copy support for all marketing and communications activities for the complete UCPE portfolio including partner masterâ™s programs.
5) This position is responsible for creating a variety of original content to be utilized across multiple platforms. Candidate will develop a deep understanding of University of Chicago brand and messaging pillars to ensure alignment and standards of excellence.
6) The Writer/Multimedia Content Producer will research and define personas for UCPEâ™s diverse audience and communicate these personas to internal stakeholders academic divisions, schools, and programs. They will align the right messages to support admissions and enrollment at the masterâ™s and professional education level.
7) The ideal candidate is a passionate champion of higher education with experience distilling and making relevant complex academic concepts, value propositions, and data in a compelling and purposeful way.
8) Stay abreast of best practices regarding student recruitment and marketing techniques and strategies in order to assist in meeting enrollment projections.
9) Play a fundamental role in developing a suite of marketing assets and capabilities that will be leveraged by most UChicago professional education, divisions and programs.
10) Serve as a content and editorial point of contact for UChicago professional education recruitment and enrollment.
11) Establish and maintain relationships with UChicago professional education academic, recruitment, and marketing partners to deliver best in class content, strategy, standards, and distribution operations.
12) Create dynamic marketing content including personas, messaging architecture, direct campaigns, and collateral in support of marketing and enrollment strategy.
13) Support ongoing project work through content creation and content refinement. Independently and accurately curate, write, edit, and publish content across the Universityâ™s news sites, social media platforms, and external media outlets in collaboration. Participate in strategic communications planning with colleagues across UChicago departments, divisions, and programs, to ensure brand compliance, consistency, and achievement of common goals.
14) Research and resolve content of concern and respond appropriately and professionally.
15) Monitor and evaluate content effectiveness through analytic tools to identify new directions that resonate with audiences.
16) Audit and assess competitor messaging to differentiate and celebrate the Chicago Approach to Professional Education.
17) Create and edit original editorial content, reporting, interviewing participants, and managing earned media strategy.
1) Proficient in use of Microsoft 365, CMS, and Google Analytics. Experience with InCopy.
2) Professional understanding of platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and other emerging channels.
3) Experience championing the values of higher education to diverse audiences around the world. Experience writing, editing, and proofing a variety of stories/assets related to concurrent projects, and clients.
4) Experience as a copy or managing editor a plus. In-depth knowledge and understanding of editorial and marketing communications content strategy.
5) Demonstrated ability to steward brand voice and audience relevance for a diverse portfolio of programs through content.
6) Highly proficient in direct campaigns (email, landing pages, etc.).
to write headlines and captions. Knowledgeable in visual storytelling including video production, photography, and narrative UX best practices. Experience photo editing and captioning a plus.
7) Experience researching, identifying, and recommending story ideas.
8) Able to oversee all reporting, discovery, and publishing operations within this portfolio.
9) Stays abreast of industry best practices regarding student recruitment and marketing techniques and strategies to assist in meeting enrollment projections.
1) Bachelorâ™s Degree
1) Marketing experience in Advertising and/or Higher Education.
2) Minimum requirement also include knowledge and skills developed through 4+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
3) Chicago Manual of Style training.
2. Cover Letter
3. Reference Contact information
NOTE:Â When applying for this position, all required documents MUST be uploaded into the RESUME/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07529
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.