Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
The position is responsible for the management, administration, and oversight of statewide professional learning experiences for mathematics educators as well as the primary communicator to statewide constituents.
1. Manage, administer, and oversee the complex system of logistics for KCM statewide professional learning events (e.g., advertisement design/dissemination, participant recruitment, registration, attendance management, invoice generation). Provide clarification and enforcement of policies related to participant attendance cancellations and no-shows. Provide quality checks to assure the communications and logistics of KCM PLEs are complete and error free. In a typical year, the KCM provides more than 2500 hours of professional learning to more than 2900 educators.
2. Manage and administer social media and online presence of the KCM. Create and disseminate printed and digital publicity and social media releases for the KCM (e.g., Good News articles, regular updates to KCM webpages, KCM Annual Report).
3. Administer, coordinate and oversee the KCM's annual conference (e.g., logistics including venue coordination, speaker call for proposals, coordination with the KCM executive director/director on related financial matters, conference promotion, creation of conference schedule). Conference enrollment historically exceeds 600 participants with more than 90 concurrent sessions and 6-8 featured speakers.
4. Oversee and maintain the KCM participant data base including updating membership records for marketing and communication purposes. Currently, there are over 18,000 members. Support the executive director/director with PLE data analysis, management of participant feedback, and management of participant agreement forms.
5. Support KCM executive director/director with managing correspondence with teachers, administrators, KCM regional consultants and stakeholders such as the Kentucky Department of Education.
6. Coordinate special event sponsored by the KCM
7. Maintain KCM email inbox. Respond to PLE related inquiries and forward other correspondences to the appropriate parties. 8. Other duties as assigned
Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strong customer relationship management skills and experience.
Must have proficiency with MS Office Suite, graphic design, all social media platforms, and video editing.
Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation. Maximum of 3 letters of recommendation.
Location- On campus at NKU.
Receives full benefit package including tuition waiver at the graduate level.
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.