Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
The Sun Belt Conference is hiring a Director of Communications. This position will report to the Senior Associate Commissioner/Chief Communications and Branding Officer for the conference, headquartered in New Orleans, LA.
The Director of Communications is the primary contact for Women’s Soccer, Cross Country, Indoor T&F, Outdoor T&F and Men’s & Women’s Tennis. This position will help write copy and design marketing pieces with specific calls to action. Areas of focus will include, but are not limited to, assisting with media guides, releases, social media, website content development, and other communication tools to help increase brand awareness, fan engagement, and to educate the public in order to expand the conference visibility.
· Serve as the primary conference communications contact for Women’s Soccer, Cross Country, Indoor T&F, Outdoor T&F and Men’s & Women’s Tennis.
· Help compile, draft copy and creative for conference publications, news releases, awards, and promotional material.
· Maintain and regularly update conference game statistics and records.
· Work closely with Director of Creative Video to plan and execute video content on social media and website.
· Help create a strong identity for championships and other conference events.
· Assist with conference web site, including, but not limited to, writing and securing content, updating schedules and scores, helping create content for graphics for each championship.
· Assist with Football 365 and other key football marketing pieces.
· Assist with social media communications strategy by creating and implementing strategies on social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
· Assist with marketing and promotions of Sun Belt Conference Championship events.
· Travel to Sun Belt Conference Championship events for Women’s Soccer, Cross Country, Indoor T&F, Outdoor T&F and Men’s & Women’s Tennis and other sports as assigned to serve as the primary or secondary communications contact.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Two to three years of related experience.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Significant experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and StatCrew.
· Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others and be a good listener.
· Exude professionalism in all communications and activities.
· Maintain positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm.
· Exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
· Uphold a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
The Sun Belt Conference is made up of 12 members: App State, Arkansas-Little Rock (Little Rock), Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe (ULM), South Alabama, Texas-Arlington (UTA), Texas State and Troy.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.