Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
1. Academic Marketing and Digital Communications. Identify, plan, and implement strategies to advance the university's marketing and communications messaging goals across digital platforms. Create and acquire digital content to promote the profile of WSU through photography, video, or stories. Perform digital communications functions for academic departments such as advising and supporting with blogs, and other digital media; developing methods to strengthen connections between academic areas and alumni.
2. Web Content. Curate and manage marketing and communications online content for the University blogs, winona.edu homepage, and throughout the WSU website. Perform website management functions for academic departments and colleges such as consulting with and guiding the planning and creation new web content; consulting with and guiding the maintenance and improvement of existing web content; providing training on content management best practices.
3. Digital Analytics. Assist in evaluating and improving digital analytics by compiling and analyzing website usage statistics, use metadata and other methods to optimize search engine effectiveness; recommend changes in editorial policy and site design to improve content usage and ensure best practices for usability and accessibility.
4. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of WSU. Including but not limited to participating on committees and work groups and participating in professional development opportunities.
Occasional evening or weekend responsibilities related to campus events
Occasional overnight travel
Must be able to travel independently
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field
Two (2) years of experience in marketing, public relations, web content copywriting, web design or mass communications
Demonstrated copywriting and copyediting and visual media skills
Experience with (knowledge of) Adobe Creative Suite
Experience in higher education advancement, marketing, public relations, or web design
Experience utilizing a content management system
Experience with information hierarchies and website content creation
Experience with MS Office and Google Analytics
Understanding of best practices regarding usability, accessibility, and search engine optimization
Ability to build collaborative relationships with diverse internal constituents
Ability to portray the university mission, vision, strategies, and goals through digital marketing and communications techniques
Strong organizational and project management skills
Strong communications and facilitation skills
A complete online application will include: 1. A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed previously;
2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume;
3. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate);
4. A statement explaining your personal or professional experiences in working with diverse populations (such as persons from differing race / ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, gender, or mental and physical ability) as well as how the applicant would contribute toward a diverse and inclusive academic and employment culture and community at Winona State University. Statements should be 1 page or less;
5. Contact Information for at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
About Winona State University: Founded in 1858, Winona State University (WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU serves approximately 7,500 undergraduate and graduate students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News & World Report's
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.