Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
IGT is seeking an internal communication specialist to engage our global workforce in important news and announcements from the Company's gaming operations. The ideal specialist is a high-energy, self-driven, innovative and creative individual with demonstrated experience writing and project coordination experience. The specialist, through regular collaboration with leaders from the Company's Global Gaming business unit and People and Transformation team, will develop, create and deliver a variety of digital content including but not limited to online news posts and videos. The specialist will also be responsible for coordinating and executing all aspects of global town hall events. Gaming industry experience and knowledge with SharePoint-based web publishing is preferred.
* Lead content strategy and editorial creation for internal communication initiatives related to the company's gaming operations.
* Identify content and messaging
* Promote employee engagement and culture action plans with strong communications components.
* Ensure internal communications are consistent across all mediums and all businesses and align with external communication messages.
* Work with other communications teams, including the internal communication team, to assure the consistent and cohesive use of the IGT Brand, in internal communication, and building employee brand.
* Provide project coordination to key stakeholders in Global Gaming, People and Transformation and other departments as needed to understand upcoming initiatives and/or changes; develop integrated communication plans, then execute.
* Champion new approaches to deliver communication in more efficient and effective ways by challenging processes and recommending new approaches.
* Work with social media platforms, such as Yammer, internally.
* Create compelling communication for all employees by connecting the dots so employees have a better understanding of how gaming news and announcements support IGT's larger corporate goals and strategies.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work under continual, staggered deadlines.
* Bachelor's degree, journalism or communications preferred.
* 3+ years' professional experience.
* Must understand and embrace AP style of writing. Must also be able to explain AP style rationale
* Must have proven writing and editing skills, as well as effective content strategy and planning abilities.
* Must be proactive, self-motivated, and problem-solving; and must possess impeccable attention to detail.
* Must possess outstanding collaboration skills and a creative mindset.
* Gaming industry experience preferred.
* SharePoint-based web publishing experience preferred.
Keys to Success
* Building collaborative relationships * Decision making * Drive results * Foster innovation * Personal energy * Self-leadership
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.