Within this portal you'll find hundreds of career opportunities. We offer free access to all job seekers in the journalism community, member and non-members, including confidential resume posting, career-related content and multiple ways to search for jobs.
The Public Information Officer (PIO) in the Port Everglades Department assists the External Affairs Office to develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan and marketing strategy to advance the Port’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs, and establish communications priorities.
- Managing staff assignments, responding to media requests and/or pitching story ideas.
- Act as spokesperson for the Port Everglades Department for print and broadcast media outlets.
- Give speeches and presentations to business and community organizations, and elected officials.
- Ensuring brand quality for all external communications including press releases, social media, digital marketing, presentations and advertising.
- This position reports directly to the Manager of External Affairs, assisting with supervising staff duties such as: compile publications, plan events, manage press conferences and develop and implement all Port communication products and programs.
- Primary writer for press releases and collateral materials, and as editor for materials written by other staff. Research, draft and disseminate press materials to appropriate news media. Respond to media requests for materials. Review presentations and talking points prior to port executive speaking engagements.
- Build, conceptualize, manage and implement the Port Everglades social media programs or campaigns across all channels including but not limited to: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other tools as they become available.
- Make recommendations for achievement of relevant Port strategic plans. Direct and implement community relations outreaches and coordinate special events. Maintain knowledge of industry and port current events and issues across the organization. Upon directive, act as lead or coordinating contact and agency spokesperson for the media. Prepare the Port Director and or subject experts to address the media.
- Participate in the development and proof-reading of all publications, presentations, videos and materials released to the public; strategize marketing, advertising and branding efforts and the value of sponsorships, events and outreaches with External Affairs Manager.
- Assist staff to develop, design and maintain the Port’s website to showcase Port lines of business. Responsible for search engine optimization of website and all social media platforms to boost organic and paid posts. Interface with advertising agency and monitor media buys.
- Supervise and assist subordinate to promote, arrange, manage or lead VIP and special tour requests by community, customers and/or governmental/elected officials. Serve as photographer as needed. Write and manage letter-writing campaigns to support various industry/Port programs and initiatives.
- Solicits and promotes port business, travels and meets with customers and/or potential clients to promote the Port; prepares for and attends related business events. Retains existing business by interacting with customers/clients and/or potential clients to promote their businesses, maritime industry and Port Everglades. Prepare for, attend ,and work related business events.
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business or public administration or closely related field.
Requires six (6) years in public relations, public information or media relations in area of assignment including two (2) years of supervisory experience or closely related experience.
- Within the last 5 years, 3 year's experience working in a Port environment as a Public Information Officer. - Masters Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business or public administration or closely related field. - Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Certification
-Accreditation in Public Relations (APR)
-Unmanned Aircraft System (Drone) license
- Project Management Certification - FEMA PIO Certification
-5+ years advanced experience in Adobe Creative Suite - 4+ years Strategic Management Planning experience - 4+ years large Budget Development and Oversight - 4+ years Crisis Communication experience
-Bilingual or Multilingual - written/verbal (French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish)
Port Everglades is Florida’s powerhouse global gateway. A respected leader in trade, travel and financial stability, we create economic and social value by working in partnership with world-class clients. We achieve advancements focusing on efficient facilities, trade and cruise expansion, jobs growth, safety, security and environmental stewardship for our customers, stakeholders and community.
ONA's programs are supported by an array of premiere foundations and leaders in journalism and technology. Explore the database and you'll discover new tools, educational opportunities, potential partners and more.